I way overdid it getting ready for and visiting at the graduation party, and have been paying a big price. I have been so weak and have NO energy to do anything. I have been in bed or in the recliner resting for three weeks. I was having severe blurred vision but that is improving. I have had a TON of pain, headaches, painful bowel troubles, gallbladder attacks, etc. I feel frustrated at being unable to accomplish much of anything. This gets old. It is difficult to decide what to participate in, because afterward I have to suffer and recover. It is difficult to miss out on so many events in life.
Overdoing it is usually not much - talking or sitting up too long, being exposed to chemicals, riding in the car for a half hour or more, being in the sun for more than about 10 minutes, doing the dishes or folding one basket of laundry, taking a shower, making a bed etc. It kind of compares to how you might feel the first day after having the flu with vomiting and fever (except the exhaustion is much deeper). You wear yourself out just getting up to get dressed or eat, and you have to go lie down to recover from that little activity.
So that's my update for those who are still reading this. Speaking of that topic, I am wondering who is even looking at this blog anymore. Several times I have thought about quitting it. If you still read this, would you somehow let me know so I can decide if I should continue to write or not? Thanks.
Ellen
I'm still reading! You probably can't tell because I usually read them in my email inbox. Still praying for your road to recovery! Try to remember, as long as you keep on doing your best you will be rewarded one way, or another! Sorry you are so down, you looked good at the party, even though you probably didn't feel like it.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate you Kendra! Thanks for caring and commenting.
DeleteEllen
I read your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteYou certainly can relate (because of your sweet mom)and that is so helpful. Thanks for your continued interest Brooke:)
DeleteEllen
Ellen,
ReplyDeleteI do read your blog and pray for you often. However, if writing is just one more stressor, rule it out!
Your positive attitude and reliance on scripture is such a teaching moment for me.
Susie Knickerbocker
So good to hear from you Susie! Thank you for continuing to read, pray and keep in touch.
DeleteEllen
I read your blog!! :) I agree with the above comment though, if it's an extra that is hard for you don't worry about doing it! Thanks for always pointing to Jesus Christ.
ReplyDeleteStill praying for you a lot!
Betsy
Thank all of you for your continued prayers! I have been so in need of them and your responses are encouraging.
DeleteEllen
I think chronic illness is something most people don't understand. The few who do understand it somewhat have either suffered through it or lived with someone who suffered through it. Mom used to be pretty bad and once in a while she would feel well enough to go somewhere and people always thought she "looked good" when out and about. They never saw the time it took her to recover from that little bit of social interaction! It was anywhere from days to months. (especially if she caught bug going around!) She still has to be careful not to get sick or it is really hard on her.Thankfully, her health has been steadily improving over the last several years!
ReplyDeleteBless you AND your mom! I am so glad she has seen improvement! I know you were an invaluable help to her for so many years. I can see the fruit of your love and servant heart as a result. I know you continue to be a blessing to your mom, and that those grandbabies are all a big part of that blessed picture.
DeleteEllen